Friday, July 16, 2010

work reflections and some vintage finds

i started full time work this week and it is exhausting! i know that most of you will probably say something along the lines of 'welcome to the real world' (this is the standard response from my family - haha) - but im finding it really hard to get into a rhythm. this is the most structured my days have been in many years (between an ever changing uni timetable and shift work) and i really thought that i would thrive with more structure to my days and my life. but i find myself really missing the simple things - like a morning walk and coffee, writing mail and op shopping. my life revolves around work which is completely opposite to the life i really want. i know that as i settle into work i will be able to balance myself better and find some more time for the things i love... but until then are there any tips you have for an ex uni student who is wishing for her old life?

i managed to just make it down to my local op shop this afternoon and picked up some fabulous sheets and a few plates... here is the (much smaller than usual) weekly haul...



2 comments:

  1. ooooh! very very cute! i love great finds like that!

    http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on you job! It is hard to adjust. I hope you are able to find some balance soon :)

    ReplyDelete