Thursday, August 12, 2010

a new house and some mail

hello friends...

sorry i have been a bit absent for the last few days. my life has been full of school, moving and (finally) some op shopping!! here in brisbane we had a public holiday this week for the annual 'ekka' (which is essentially a big carnival slash show)!

i grabbed some girlfriends and headed down to the gold coast to check out the op shops. i'll post about all my treasures a bit later.

here is some mail that landed in my letterbox this week...

a lovely parcel and note from Allana... she is fabulous! if you havent met her you can do so over here! Thanks so much Allana :)

and some lovely mail from Megan for a stationery swap. i love everything she sent and cant wait to do some serious letter writing this weekend! THANKS!!
we spent our first night in the new house last night. it is a bit of a drive to work but so lovely and peaceful out there. its such a nice place to come home to... mess and all! chris cooked us up a yummy omlette last night for dinner, it doesnt look too nice but it was made in our own kitchen which was so lovely after almost a year of living with mum! yay!


while chris cooked up some food for us... i busied myself with the really important tasks of moving - like putting up fairy lights in our bed head. haha!

have a fabulous weekend :)

p.s - i am internetless for the moment so posting might be a bit sporadic for the next few weeks. i will do my very best... xx

9 comments:

  1. I love the fairy lights, very sweet.
    So glad my package arrived and you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the fairy lights are perfect. I asked Jason if we could do that to our bed and he said sure. Yay!

    Ahh isn't mail just perfect! I just love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the move - now the real fun begins where you get to decide where everything goes... coming home to your own place is always so nice, can imagine it feels even better after being so long with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your place! sounds like a fun new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy but I like what you're doing and I'm off to check out the other ladies. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute. i love the lights on your bed. so cute! hope you have a great weekend!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mail! Hope the new house is lovely. I love the fairy lights above your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the new place. doesn't it feel especially christened with mail to your new add'y? :) man, we moved more than a month ago, and I still haven't gotten the fairy lights up yet. I need to get on that! Have a lovely weekend in your new digs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love swaps too, and your gifts look delightful! and may i also add that i love those fairy lights. You inspire me to want to have similar lights for my bedroom ... but that's gonna be way in the future when i finally get a house. lol.

    ReplyDelete