Tuesday, January 17, 2012

vintage sheet FQ swap 3.0

...it's here. again.
thanks so much for all your feedback, emails and lovely comments about the first few vintage sheet swaps that were hosted in 2011.
i love being able to be a little part in such a fun swap and see what you all create with the fabrics you receive. it is truly inspiring!

there is something about a new year that leaves you with so many plans and ideas to make and create! so much promise and potential. it's time like these that you need some new vintage fabrics to keep that new years inspiration rolling out well into the year!

alright. here goes.

What you need to do... if you are keen to be involved in this swap then just leave a comment on this post indicating your interest with your EMAIL ADDRESS (this makes it a lot easier for me)! Alternatively, you can email me at greenteaandrednails (at) hotmail (dot) com and let me know that way.

As people sign up for the swap I will send out all the necessary information via email to participants.

The time frame... Please have your vintage sheets washed, cut into FQ's and posted no later than the end of February (Wednesday the 29th). This should give you plenty of time to scout your local oppies for lovely sheets to cut and swap. I will attempt to have them back in the post within two weeks and you should receive your new stash of vintage fabric sometime mid March ready for autumn crafting!

Sign ups... I am happy to take sign ups until the end of February as long as you can meet the postage deadline. Please make sure that you have your FQ's in the mail by the cut off date.

Spread the word... the more people we have involved in this, the more variety you will receive in your vintage FQ's. Feel free to blog about this and save the above image to use as a button for this swap... just make sure you are linking back to this post.

How the swap will work... it is up to you how many fat quarters you want to contribute to the swap. The number of FQ's you send to me will be the number that you receive back. Once you have collected your fabulous sheets and cut them up into fat quarters you will need to place your washed, cut up sheets into a pre-paid parcel post satchel (available at the post office in 500g and 3kg varietys). You should be able to fit about 15 FQs in a 500g satchel and 50+ in the 3kg satchel. you MUST also include a self-addresses pre-paid post satchel in your parcel to me for me to mail your new vintage loveliness to you (a little hint - some poeple send an self-addressed express post parcel for the return FQs so that they get them ASAP and the parcel can be tracked).

A few more things... (PLEASE READ)
*sheets must be washed prior to being sent
*feel free to send as many FQs as you would like (multiple parcels are okay as long as they are clearly labelled)
*it really is much easier when people send their FQ's in the prepaid post satchels. MUCH EASIER!
*this swap is for AUSTRALIAN residents only (sorry to my other readers - it is just easier for postage)
*your fat quarters should measure approx 50cm x 56cm
*ensure your fat quarters are free from marks, rips and stains. only send sheets that you would want to receive (i reserve the right to return to you any sheets you send which do not meet this quality standard)
*this swap is not designed for you to simply get rid of any sheets or FQs that you don't want, like or use.
*only COTTON or COTTON BLEND sheets please (nothing flannelette or polyester - thanks!)
*it is more than okay for you to send multiple fat quarters from the one sheet!!
*please do not send any sheets with cartoon characters, kids sheets or any solid colours.

I will be updating all the swap participants through email and through this blog so stay tuned! i am so excited for this (again!)... I do hope that you will join me!

woohoo! KEL xx

p.s - feel free to ask any questions that you have in the comments section of this post...

51 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes.
    Count me in.
    zara-117(at)hotmail(dot)com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOO I am IN!!! Thanks so much for hosting this again...I have just finished sewing up all my vintage sheets! And now I will need to hunt some new ones down :-)

    thouraya13@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in!

    katieskitchenblog (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kel. i think this sounds like a great idea. count me in. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I am in again! calocke at bigpond dot net dot au :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeehaa, I'm in!

    melania.cleland@gmail.com

    By then we'll be moved in and unpacked and I'll be ready for some sheet sorting and sewing!

    Thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee! I just missed your last one but this one, I am in for sure. melx

    mfowler@hotmail.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea! Count me in please =)

    BiancaElyce.Hudson@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be counted in too please:)
    catherineabc@optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please. Now that I'm back in Australia I can join in this time.

    pampelmuseandme(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please include me! shodgson(at)westnet(dot)com(dot)au

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in and pumped! lauramitchell(at)mail2artist(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yes, love to be a part of this fun swap again!

    info@onedenimbird.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. count me in Kel, I have so many sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to join in again

    treso@activ8.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sent you an email, but commenting here too

    luellabella@live.com.au

    Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alright, count me in for this one! I have been going through the stash this last week and wishing for some new pieces, this will be perfect!

    selinasvintage@gmail.com

    Thanks!
    Selina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in my lady - naughtyshorts@y7mail.com
    Mwah!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent. What a brilliant way to start the year. Please count me in.

    virtuallysally[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in!
    delliechan@optusnet.com.au

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes please! :) Tammi over at littlepoppa@blogspot.com told me about your swap, and I would love to join!
    my email is danielandemma[at]bigpond[dot]com.
    So excited about hearing from you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am definitely in this time Kel...thanks for hosting :)

    littlepoppa1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to join in, I have a very few sheets so shall get hunting the Op shops for more to add to the stash. Karen
    karendotmcneilatoptusnetdotcomdotau

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes please!! I missed last time as well.

    lmanderson at aapt dot net dot au

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay! This has me SUPER excited! could you please send me details! :) Wooooooo!!!!

    justfordaisy11{at}gmail{dot}com

    Cheers! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes! I'm in again :) A little more vintage sheet variety never goes astray.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Id love to join in again Kel. Thank you for hosting.
    grantleaingramathotmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooooo yes please! First time for me, sounds like a lot of fun! carly.ennor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes please count me in sandeelee777@hotmail.com thanks kindly x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay, I have been scouring etsy for vintage sheet fat quarters in australia so the postage is cheaper but there is hardly any...

    Can't wait... monetpaisley at hotmail dot com

    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay again you wonderful, generous soul! Thanks so much! darrenandsteph@bigpond.com
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to join in.
    sunnydayreverie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Kel,
    I feel like I'm letting the team down but I can't be in your lovely swap this time. Sniff. Too many things on the go at the mo. I have popped your linky button on my blog though. From all the comments it looks like it's going to be another beauty and you are going to be a very busy girl indeed.
    Hope things are going nicely at your new school Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes please! I'm keen

    mygirltuesday@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This sounds like fun! Please count me in.

    lisamaree_82 at yahoo dot com dot au

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Kel
    Adding my email address again, hope it works this time.
    lmanderson@aapt.net.au
    Cheers Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is such a wonderful idea! Please count me in -
    mkalantzis@live.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  38. Please sign me up: I've sent you an email and can't wait to try and find some more sheets in the next month too!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is my first swap!! Im in!!!
    natallie

    natchic@dodo.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi! Count me in too.
    bygillybean@gmail.com

    Thanks,
    Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  41. i used some of the last batch in my mum's cot quilt! i'm in. will get to cutting next week and bring them up when i see you. love. x.

    ReplyDelete
  42. oooh! me me! I'm in, if still allowed...thanks!
    sarah.hirst1@iinet.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great way to get variety. Please count me in. florriestan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a great way to get variety. Count me in please. florriestan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey Kel, would love to sign up again this year....I have been collecting and have some loveliness to share!. Hope I'm not too late.
    theshak@skymesh.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'd love to join in, please! My sheets need a-cutting into! greerworsley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. So tickled i stumbled here...i have been collecting...obviously for this...have some lovliness to share...daa4272atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  48. I posted mine on Monday and emailed you! Hope to hear back soon that they've arrived safely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have some sheets that need to be cut, what a great reason to. Would love to join the party. billygoatpants@westnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete